My latino wife calls me Sweetie: My wife's Latin Cuisine

Sunday, January 25, 2015

My wife's Latin Cuisine

     My Cuban wife has introduced me to a whole new menu of food.  I feel lucky to have her cooking which is delicious and filling.  This Latin menu of hers, includes plantains which has become a favorite along with the traditional black beans and rice.  One of the more surprising foods she has prepared is oxtail.  It turns out to be very tasty and tender, one of the best tasting meats I've tried despite the name.  My wife claims that Cuban food is not at all spicy, but it has plenty of taste in my opinion.  This dish that we had last week was actually an original creation by her, and given a Latin name that I forgot quickly.  It was made with ground turkey instead of the traditional beef with a tomato sauce.  The dish included my favorites black beans and rice with boiled green plantains, kind of simple but delicious, and of course always filling. Will be writing more about her cooking and the Cuban cuisine in the future.

cuban_food
Black beans and rice , Picadillo, Plantains


2 comments:

  1. Picadillo Sweetie, it was picadillo. Glad you like my cooking- can't have you getting any thinner. My family would say I was starving you!! ; ) BB2U

    ReplyDelete