My latino wife calls me Sweetie: In Miami They Won't Leave You Hungry

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

In Miami They Won't Leave You Hungry

My Cuban-American wife and I were visiting her family in Miami this past month. The good people of Miami will make sure you are full or "te llenaste" as my wife calls it. We spent

some time at my wife's grandmas place in the walk-able neighborhood of  Little Havana. This is a convenient place to walk, or ride a bike around to see the colorful places including restaurants like Versailles.  This is the worlds most famous Cuban restaurant, and was in the movie "Chef". I didn't eat here on this trip, but let me tell you they serve some big portions. They even have a section of the restaurant that is only desserts and coffee!
Two family gatherings provided big portions of barbecue, and Cuban food like black beans and rice, crispy plantain chips along with pulled pork. The point is, there was lots of food for everyone wherever  we went. Even fresh Cuban bread is available at the little store only one block from the apartment. So if you ever visit the magic city, you will be amazed at the variety of fresh food available, and they will serve you well!

8 comments:

  1. wooww looks very good!! Latin food is the best ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow se ve muy bien. Me gusta el nombre del blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miami has wonderful food options thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's cool that you enjoyed a delicious Cuban meal at a restaurant featured in one of my favorite movies: "Chef!" Best soundtrack too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miami has great food options and lovely people. I love Miami!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Que rico! Everytime we go to Miami we splurge and indulge in all the food we don't get to eat in Fort Myers. The good thing is that we live relatively close and within driving distance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy se ve delicioso! I love Miami, congrats for the blog! ;) Saludos y

    ¡FELIZ DÍA!ॐ
    http://mamaholistica.com

    ReplyDelete