My latino wife calls me Sweetie: Florida State Parks and Historical Re-enactments

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Florida State Parks and Historical Re-enactments

Anytime you get the chance to see history come to life, it is educational and fun. My wife and I spent a saturday watching one of these re-enactments at a beautiful Florida state park. Beautiful thick oak trees with hanging moss set the stage at the Fort Mose Historic State Park where our theater group was putting on a play and we would stay and get to see the historic battle of Fort Mose located in St. Augustine.

My wife sometimes acts in the play, but is now the social media director for the "Theater with a Mission" or TWAM. I was there to take pictures and video of the play "El Muerto". It was great fun and was surprised by some great acting of the Spanish and British Leaders that were in the battle. Check out this video of them conversing before the battle.



Being outside in a beautiful Florida park is hard to beat and the historic plays and re-enactments are so much fun! That is General Oglethorpe for the British in the red jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment