My latino wife calls me Sweetie: Another Hurricane and its name was Hermine

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Another Hurricane and its name was Hermine

hurricane hermine aftermath in crawfordville florida


Living near the coast in Northwest Florida there is always the risk of getting hit by another hurricane, If you don't reside right on the water then the event is made up of strong gusty winds and heavy rain that comes in bands. This was the first hurricane to make landfall in Florida since 2005, can you actually believe that?!

People prepare for the worst which means stocking up on food, flashlights, batteries, ice and other survival supplies, Big trees are nice but not when they come crashing down into your house and this is my biggest worry during these intense storms.

I'm happy to say after living in this same spot, my place has never seen any major damage from these trees or wind! It is a nice spot and I want to stay here for some time.

The worst was being without power for a day and a half, but feel blessed because some people in Tallahassee had huge trees come down on their property and power was out  for more than 100,000.

I can say I survived another one living here in this same spot for 23 years, These storms pack winds over 100 mph sometimes, so this is no easy feat . It was also hot without power and I read it was the 2nd hottest summer on record. Only one thing to do, find some cool water and enjoy!


                                                           



No comments:

Post a Comment